- Why wait method is in object class and not in Thread class?
- How do we set priorities for threads?
- How do you get priority value of a thread?
- Which thread will be executed first if two threads have same priority?
- Can more than one thread have same priority?
- Which method is used to make main thread to wait for all child threads?
- Which are two valid constructors for thread?
- What is the maximum thread priority?
- Which one of the following is not a valid state of thread?
- Why are threads assigned priorities?
- How many threads can a process contain?
- Which priority thread can prompt the lower primary thread?
- What decides thread priority?
- How do I run two threads at the same time?
- Which is best suited to a multi threaded environment?
Why wait method is in object class and not in Thread class?
wait – wait method tells the current thread to give up monitor and go to sleep.
notify – Wakes up a single thread that is waiting on this object’s monitor.
Important point to note here is that monitor is assigned to an object not to a particular thread.
That’s one reason why these methods are in Object class..
How do we set priorities for threads?
By default, a thread inherits the priority of its parent thread. You can increase or decrease the priority of any thread with the setPriority method. You can set the priority to any value between MIN_PRIORITY (defined as 1 in the Thread class) and MAX_PRIORITY (defined as 10). NORM_PRIORITY is defined as 5.
How do you get priority value of a thread?
Get and Set Thread Priority:public final int getPriority(): java. lang. Thread. getPriority() method returns priority of given thread.public final void setPriority(int newPriority): java. lang. Thread. setPriority() method changes the priority of thread to the value newPriority.
Which thread will be executed first if two threads have same priority?
If two threads of the same priority are waiting for the CPU, the scheduler arbitrarily chooses one of them to run. The chosen thread runs until one of the following conditions is true: A higher priority thread becomes runnable. It yields, or its run method exits.
Can more than one thread have same priority?
Threads can only yield the CPU to other threads of the same priority–attempts to yield to a lower priority thread are ignored. When all the runnable threads in the system have the same priority, the scheduler chooses the next thread to run in a simple, non-preemptive, round-robin scheduling order.
Which method is used to make main thread to wait for all child threads?
1. Which of this method can be used to make the main thread to be executed last among all the threads? Explanation: By calling sleep() within main(), with long enough delay to ensure that all child threads terminate prior to the main thread. 2.
Which are two valid constructors for thread?
(1) and (2) are both valid constructors for Thread….Thread(Runnable r, String name)Thread()Thread(int priority)Thread(Runnable r, ThreadGroup g)Thread(Runnable r, int priority)
What is the maximum thread priority?
Every thread has a priority which is represented by the integer number between 1 to 10. Thread class provides 3 constant properties: public static int MIN_PRIORITY: It is the maximum priority of a thread. The value of it is 1.
Which one of the following is not a valid state of thread?
Discussion ForumQue.Which one of the following is not a valid state of a thread?b.destroyingc.readyd.blockedAnswer:destroying1 more row
Why are threads assigned priorities?
In multi-threaded applications, each thread is assigned with a priority. The processor is assigned to the thread by the thread scheduler based on its priority i.e. the highest priority thread is assigned the processor first and so on. … We can get the priority of a thread using the getPriority() method of Thread class.
How many threads can a process contain?
A process can have anywhere from just one thread to many threads. When a process starts, it is assigned memory and resources. Each thread in the process shares that memory and resources. In single-threaded processes, the process contains one thread.
Which priority thread can prompt the lower primary thread?
The lower priority thread is preempted and the higher priority thread is scheduled to run.
What decides thread priority?
What decides thread priority? Explanation: Thread scheduler decides the priority of the thread execution.
How do I run two threads at the same time?
Make use of a CountDownLatch if you want to start both threads at the same time. Since you have the above code t1 becomes eligible to Run (Runnable) before t2. So it is upto Java Scheduler to select whether to intermix t1 and t2 or finish t1 first and then t2.
Which is best suited to a multi threaded environment?
The synchronized data structures provided by the java collection framework are synchronized HashMap, Hashtable, HashSet, Vector, synchronized ArrayList. The concurrent counterparts are ConcurrentHashMap, CopyOnWriteArrayList, and CopyOnWriteHashSet.